Content Marketing is the creation and sharing of content for the purpose of promoting a product or service. It is targeted at a qualified group of customers. Segmentation and personalization improve its perception and increase chances to convert a recipient to be a client.
To achieve such a goal, however, several conditions that determine the effectiveness of content marketing must be fulfilled.
- The content is not purely promotional – in the eyes of clients it will be neither exciting nor inspiring. And exciting and inspiring are the key determinants of content marketing.
- The content is relevant – generic materials will not lead to increased sales. When preparing content, make sure that it will be useful to the reader, even if not directly promoting your business.
- It solves or explains the business problem – or at least leads closer to its solution. Content that does not contribute to consumer’s knowledge will be ignored and the chances of communications wasted.
- It is well written – a seemingly trivial observation but of great significance. Even interesting and important content delivered in a bitty way may not only fail to achieve the desired result, but can also spoil the reputation of the company.
- The content must be consistent with company objectives – even the best content that does not support company objectives will be only a waste of resources dedicated to its production and delivery.
- The content must be credible – whatever is written, it cannot be treated only as a set of marketing catchlines. It is important that some real data and statistics are included beyond the slogans and claims, confirming the main topic.
You have to constantly keep in mind the objective and accordingly select the appropriate content. Content will also depend on the profile of the recipient and his experience, so correct personalization is also necessary, which will enable the meeting of all goals for content marketing.